We know the world is changing rapidly and understand that our guests might be nervous about booking a course months in advance. If you find that you need to cancel or change your avalanche course reservation, we ask that you give us as much notice as possible so we can try to fill your spot. Our refund policy is:
- Cancellations 30+ days out from the start of the course: We can reschedule (availability dependent) or issue a refund minus 10% fee
- Cancellations 7 to 30 days out: Cost is non-refundable, but can be rescheduled (availability dependent) with an additional 10% fee
- Cancellations fewer than 7 days out*: No refunds or reschedules
Course purchases must be used during the 2020–2021 season and cannot be rescheduled for a future season.
All course participants are required to complete a liability waiver, carry all of the requisite safety equipment, and meet the age eligibility requirements prior to accessing the mountain.
*If you’re sick with COVID-19 symptoms, please contact us as soon as possible, and we’ll reschedule as availability allows or issue a refund
Bluebird Backcountry does not anticipate cancelling an avalanche course due to adverse weather. In the event of unsafe conditions or extreme weather events, Bluebird Backcountry reserves the right to adjust the format, move the course venue and/or cancel or reschedule the course under the terms of the Bluebird Backcountry Cancellation policy.
Bluebird Backcountry Cancellation:
While we do not anticipate any cancellations, Bluebird Backcountry reserves the right to cancel an avalanche course for any reason, including regulatory COVID-19 mandates. If Bluebird Backcountry cancels a course, we will provide you with as much notice as possible; however, please note cancellations may come at any time, including on the day of the course. In the event of a cancelation directed by Bluebird Backcountry, we will provide you with the following options:
- An opportunity to reschedule to a future course within the 2020/2021 season, availability dependent; OR
- A 100% credit for any future Bluebird Backcountry product(s), valid for one calendar year from the cancellation date; OR
- A 100% refund of the course cost.
* Bluebird Backcountry is not responsible for reimbursement of any supplemental costs associated with your expected participation in the canceled course. This includes, but is not limited to, travel, lodging and equipment expenses. If you rented your touring and/or avalanche equipment from Bluebird Backcountry for the course, we will refund you for the days not used.
To cancel your avalanche course registration, please email us at email@example.com.