An Avalanche Rescue Course is the first step in a comprehensive avalanche education. In this one-day standalone course, you’ll get acquainted with your rescue gear, learn what to do if you or a member of your party is caught, and practice realistic scenarios. AIARE is the industry standard for avalanche education, and this course will be taught by an experienced, AIARE-certified instructor who’s ready to show you the ropes and answer all your questions. Each participant will have the opportunity to receive professional coaching on their rescue skills, and will receive a rescue card acknowledging the completion date.
On location at Bluebird Backcountry. Access to the property included in the course price (no pass necessary).
COVID-19 safety is part of our course organization; we’ll work to maximize physical and COVID-19 safety.
Who Should Take this Course
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a prerequisite for the AIARE 2 and Pro 1 courses. AIARE recommends that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
The Avalanche Rescue Course is aimed both at new and experienced recreational backcountry travelers and aspiring avalanche professionals.
Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the Avalanche Rescue course the student should be able to:
- Describe what to do if they or a member of their party is caught in an avalanche.
- Identify and be able to use gear necessary for avalanche rescue.
- Set up a realistic scenario in order to practice an avalanche rescue response.
- Improve their response skills and times during and after the course with feedback from instructors and peers.
- Develop a plan for continuing practice.
January 23, 2021
February 19, 2021