https://bluebirdbackcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/DSC01447-scaled.jpg 2560 1707 Caleb Kessler https://bluebirdbackcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/site-logo-2.png Caleb Kessler2022-12-29 20:45:162023-10-02 04:16:0622/23 Opening Day: A Smashing Success
What a way to kick off the 22/23 season! We really couldn’t have asked for a better day. Check out the ten highlights below that made opening day awesome!
1. We had blue skies.
2. We had soft snow.
3. Our first two guests to go through the Mountain Portal this season came all the way from South Dakota and they skied nine laps today!
4. Our first ever snowshoe AIARE 1 Course was on the mountain.
5. We had a couple Backcountry Lessons go out.
6. There were too many four legged furry friends to count.
7. Many, many strips of bacon were consumed.
8. There were a bunch of awesome camping rigs in the parking lot.
9. Visitors checked in to our new lodging for the first time ever!
10. As the ski day came to a close Chase the Wind took the stage at the base area and jammed until the sun went behind the mountain.
Huge thank you to everyone who came out and made today special!